In terms of Section 8 of the CSOS Act, the Board is responsible for:
• The management and governance of the CSOS.
• Making decisions on behalf the CSOS and ensuring that they are carried out.
• Providing guidance to the chief ombud in the performance of CSOS in terms of the Act to ensure that the strategic plans and objectives of the organisation are achieved.
Members of the Board are appointed by the Minister of Human Settlements and consist of two executive members and seven non-executive members.
The BoardMembers to the CSOS Board are:
• Mr M Tyamzashe (Chairperson)
• Mr M Ramataboe (Deputy Chairperson)
• Ms B Zulu
• Ms A Olifant
• Ms L Noge-Tungamirai
• Mr R Jock
• Mr T Holmes