The CSOS provides an alternative and affordable dispute resolution service for parties in a community scheme. Members of a community scheme have the right, after having exhausted all internal dispute resolution mechanisms, to lodge an application with the CSOS for conciliation and adjudication.


What is a community scheme?

In terms of the Act the term "community scheme" means any scheme or arrangement in terms in which there is shared use of and responsibility for parts of land and buildings, including but not limited to a:
  • Sectional titles development scheme
  • Share block company
  • Home or property owners association
  • Housing scheme for retired persons
  • Housing co-operative as contemplated in the South African Co-operatives Act, 2005 (Act 14 of 2005)