The Community Schemes Ombud Service Act (No. 9 of 2011), which was assented to by the President on the 11th of June 2011, and promulgated on the 7th of October 2016, provides for the establishment of the Community Schemes Ombud Service (CSOS) as a public entity. The CSOS has been classified as a Schedule 3A Public Entity in terms of the Public Finance Management Act (Act No.1 of 1999) (PFMA)
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
• Honours Degree in Public Administration or Degree in Supply Chain Management or Equivalent qualifications.
• A collective total of 10 years’ working experience, of which 3 years must be at supervisory/managerial level.
• Having worked as a Manager SCM will be an added advantage.
Key Performance Areas
• Develop policies, processes and standard operating procedures relating to own area of specialization.
• Provide specialist input in the development of Operational Plans and Organisational Strategy
• Execute work plans and drive the evidence collection in real time.
• Produce reports against the implementation of work plans.
• Respond to audit findings with complete evidence, on time.
• Implement documented data management practices.
• Oversee the compilation process of the procurement plan and demand plan.
• Develop procurement strategies for CSOS.
• Obtain National Treasury Circulars and advise the CFO on any new SCM regulations, update and review SCM Policy and Internal Procedure Manual.
• Update and review SCM Policy and Internal Procedure Manual Manage the Supply Chain management unit and ensure compliance with the legal frameworks and guidelines.
• Monitor the supply chain risks and implement corrective actions when necessary.
• Contribute to the timely preparation, submission and publication of statutory reports relating to performance as stipulated by relevant legislation.
• Develop, implement, and monitor an effective and efficient inventory management system.
• Implement a bidding process for the CSOS, in line with relevant legislation and control systems in the purchasing of supplies for the entire organisation.
• Develop and manage the implementation of strategies and policies for assets management and disposal thereof.
• Implement measures to safeguard the CSOS’ assets and the management of logistics.
• Keep up to date with new developments and changes in own field and within CSOS.
• Share new information and best practice trends with colleagues.
• Proactively introduce improvement opportunities in line with best practice to optimise organisational success.
• Partner with management to optimise productivity and teamwork effectiveness.
Required Skills, Competencies and Attributes
• Conflict management
• Line management
• Corporate Governance
• Attention to detail/Accuracy.
• Honesty and Integrity
• Follow through.
• Service oriented
Enquiries: Ms Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Background checks on the preferred candidates will be conducted prior to an appointment.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms. Lindi Sibiya and e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 9 July 2021
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.