CSOS hereby calls for persons interested to be part of Panel of Executive Managing Agents to apply for the appointment. CSOS is authorised by Management Rule 28 (2) of the STSMA, to appoint an Executive Managing Agent after request is made to CSOS by Members entitled to 25 per cent of the total quotas of all sections have applied and requested the CSOS to appoint the Executive Managing Agent. Once placed with the Body Corporate, the appointed Executive Managing Agent will sign a contract of appointment with the Body Corporate. The contract will set out the terms and conditions of appointment and the remuneration of the Executive Managing Agent for work done on behalf of the Body Corporate.
Requirements for appointment the Panel of Executive Managing Agent:
The incumbent must:
• Be registered as a Managing Agent with the Estate Agents Affairs Board and have a valid Fidelity Fund Certificate;
• Have a thorough knowledge of the CSOS Act, Sectional Titles Schemes Management Act; Companies Act, Housing Schemes for Retired Persons Act and South African Co-operatives Act, the Promotion of Administrative Justice Act as well as the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI);
• Have excellent communication skills;
• Be in possession of a previously disadvantaged BEE Certificate; and
• Be thoroughly experienced, conversant and skilled in the overall management and administration of sectional title schemes, which includes but is not limited to:
– the day-to-day management of the scheme;
– liaising with unit owners, occupants and body corporate staff;
– the hiring and firing of body corporate staff;
– dealing with contractors and/or facilities managers;
– attending to the monthly financial management of the scheme, sending out monthly levy statements and attending to limited debt collection on the body corporate’s behalf;
– financial reporting to members;
– appointing service providers and liaison with service providers, as well as payment of body corporate service providers and other debtors;
– preparing body corporate books for the annual audit;
– arranging for general meetings and sending out notices;
– preparing minutes;
– ensure that statutory returns are attended to timeously;
– submitting annual reports and returns to the CSOS in terms of the Act (see below).
This is a position that not only requires significant experience but demands commitment from the incumbent. It carries with it a great deal of responsibility. It is not a position to be taken lightly and candidates will be vetted thoroughly. The Executive Managing Agent will further be obliged to perform further activities as set out in Management Rule 28(3) of the STSMA
Enquiries: Ms Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Applications, including a covering letter accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications and relevant documents, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms Lindi Sibiya, and e-mailed to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 25 November 2020