The Business Analyst is responsible for working and liaising with CSOS’s stakeholders and IT users to elicit and analyses their requirements for changes, business processes, policies, and information systems. The role understands business problems and opportunities in the context of requirements and recommends solutions that will enable the entity to achieve its strategic goals. Whilst concerned with feasibility and business impact, the role is mainly responsible designing and implementing business solutions throughout the solution development lifecycle as a driver of business value.
The role has an optimization focus and must implement practices to ensure continuous improvement initiatives to realign the Unit operations to Organizational strategic requirements and manages the effective utilization of resources within the Unit.
The position reports to the Manager: ICT
• A National Diploma/Degree in Information Systems/Technology/Computer Science/Industrial Engineering or equivalent qualification at NQF Level 6;
• IIBA or similar certification will be an added advantage;
• A Post Graduate degree will be an added advantage;
• Minimum 8 Years working experience Business Analyst or Process Engineer, 3 of which must be at supervisory/ senior level;
• Minimum 5 years experience in implementing two or more modules of leading enterprise-resource-planning (ERP) solutions;
• Prior experience as an IT Project Manager will be an advantage;
• Demonstratable experience in application of business analysis methodologies, techniques and tools within problem solving and solution design;
• Knowledge in ICT procurement and related processes.
• Knowledge coupled with experience in working in an agile design & development environment will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge in working with business process management tools/repositories will be an added advantage.
• Stakeholder management and the ability to develop and maintain stakeholder networks.
Key Performance Areas:
• Gather/solicit and document business process requirements in the form of a business requirements specification;
• Development of business cases and presentation to the Executive management and the board for approval;
• Develop tender specifications and participate in procurement processes;
• Analyse, document and present current business processes, procedures, business rules;
• Documenting of detailed functional requirements specifications, in line with the business requirements and business goals (including screen designs where applicable);
• Validate own solution designs against business requirements to ensure delivery of a quality product;
• Oversee the development and testing of business applications;
• Develop and/or update user/training manuals and/or standard operating procedures.
• Contribute in all the change management and communication efforts related to the deployment of business solutions/applications.
• Contribute in the designing of formal and structured test cases;
• Perform end-user training
• Play a lead role in the piloting and deployment business solutions/applications.
• Conduct post implementation support and benefits realisation.
• Ensure the continuous improvement of business applications deployed to the production environment.
• Oversee and manage vendor service level performance and delivery.
• Develop policies, processes and standard operating procedures relating to own area of specialization
• Provide specialist input in the development of Operational Plans and Organisational Strategy
• Respond to audit findings with complete evidence, on time
• Engage in problem solving and continuous improvement processes to optimise output of the area
• Demonstrate visible ownership of business wide initiatives impacting on area of accountability
Enquiries: Ms Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Applications, including a covering letter accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications and relevant documents, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms Lindi Sibiya, and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 19 November 2020