The Community Schemes Ombud Service Act (Act 9 of 2011) was promulgated on 11 June 2011 and provides for the establishment of the Community Schemes Ombud Service (“CSOS”) as a public entity. The CSOS has been classified as a Schedule 3A Public Entity in terms of the Public Finance Management Act (Act No.1 of 1999) (PFMA).
Job location: Gauteng Regional Office
This position will be reporting to the Regional Complaints Manager
• Degree in Law.
• 1 to 3 years’ relevant working experience.
• Understanding of the Dispute Resolution processes and Community Schemes.
• Understanding of the CSOS Act, STSMA and Regulations.
• Active listener.
• Impact and influencer.
• Team player.
• Strong customer service skills.
• High attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Key Performance Areas:
• Assessment of all applications for dispute resolution to determine jurisdiction and process those matters falling within CSOS jurisdiction.
• Identification of issues in dispute in terms of Section 39 of the CSOS Act.
• Prepare Notices in terms of section 43 of the CSOS Act.
• Facilitate submissions received from various interested parties in terms of Section 44 of the CSOS Act.
• Set the matter down for a Conciliation hearing in terms of Section 47 of the CSOS Act.
• Prepare file for Conciliation hearing.
• Managing and capturing reports on case management system in the division.
• Assist with telephone complaints as well as walk-in applicants.
• Providing weekly feedback to complainants.
• Provide monthly reports on all matters.
• Maintain diary of all matters and assist with various adhoc administrative support and duties within the division
Enquiries: Mr. Minkateko Shipalane and Ms. Selloane Makau, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Background checks on the preferred candidates will be conducted prior to an appointment.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Executive Manager: Corporate Affairs, Mr. Lesiba Seshoka and e-mailed to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 14 December 2021
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.