Reports to Manager: Marketing and Communications.
Key Performance Areas
• Contribute to the development of operational plans in the Unit.
• Comply with all policies and procedures in the Unit.
• Conduct project administration recorded keeping and produce project-related reports.
• Systematize the achievement of deliverables against project plans.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the latest development within an area of expertise.
• Take ownership of own work, performance management, and development.
• Introduce improvement opportunities within the area of expertise in line with best practice to optimize performance.
• Engage in problem-solving and continuous improvement to maximize the output of the area.
• Manage and direct the daily activities of contact centre agents.
• Supervise, plan, and manage functions concerned to contact Call Centre environment.
• Act as an information source and answering the agent’s questions.
• Assign tasks, follow up, and give instructions as needed.
• Oversee team members so that they acquire the appropriate support and training to apply the best skills and knowledge on the job.
• Conduct performance measurement, monitoring, and evaluation of all Agents to improve the efficiency.
• Compile and maintain lists of on-call and key schedules and personnel.
• Update databases, organise activities related to maintenance and repair of equipment, ordering supplies and materials.
• Prepare and oversee schedules and monitor attendance of Agents.
• Schedule breaks and shifts, as necessary.
• Communicate solutions, successes, and opportunities to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
• Coordinate staff recruitment, including writing vacancy advertisements and liaising with HR staff.
• Review the performance of agents, identifying training needs, and planning training sessions.
• Oversee the rendering of services in the contact centre.
• Monitor compliance to reporting templates and frameworks.
• Oversee the receiving and appropriate capturing of CSOS levies payments applications received on the NCR transactions.
• Follow-up and oversee that all customer queries are resolved timeously.
• Conduct routing and follow-up on enquiries from the public received at the call centre.
• Resolve complex customer complaints.
• A 3-year National Diploma/Degree in General Management or equivalent.
• A postgraduate General Management qualification would be advantageous.
• A total of 4 years’ working experience, 1 of which must be at supervisory level.
• Previous experience as a call center supervisor would be advantageous.
• Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English (or primary customer) language.
• Knowledge of principles of public communications, information, and relations.
• Knowledge of working on the intranet or other online communications tool – design, functionality, navigation.
• Up to date knowledge, of internal communications methods.