The position reports to the Governance Manager.
Key Performance Areas:
• The Schemes Governance Documentation Officer is responsible for quality assurance in respect of schemes governance documentation.
• Ensure compliance of Community Schemes Governance documents with all applicable legislations.
• For schemes governance documentations that are not compliant, the incumbent must ensure that the appropriate enforcement measures are implemented, and that they comply before an approval certificate is issued.
• Ensure that the certificates issued for schemes governance documentation, are quality assured.
• Ensure that the Access Fee is paid by the requester before access to information is granted.
• Ensure that all applications for approval of unanimous and special resolution in terms of Section 6(9) of the STSM Act are processed.
• Ensure that schemes governance documentations are archived as per the Record Management Policy.
• Submit management reports on the implementation of the CSOS Act regarding the schemes governance documentation’s management;
• Assist property owners, occupiers, and other stakeholders within community schemes regarding the interpretation of CSOS Act, STSMA and Companies Act.
• Ensure that queries received are attended to by the CSOS, through emails, telephone, and walk-ins on the interpretation of the CSOS Act, STSMA and the Companies Act.
• Ensure that the Community Schemes governance documents are legible and complete.
• Request the community schemes to replace the Governance Documentation where necessary.
• Ensure that the Governance Documentations are of good quality.
• Retrieve the Governance Documentation from archive or files where necessary.
• Submit management reports on the implementation of the CSOS Act regarding Community Schemes governance document management.
Enquiries: Ms. Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Background checks on the preferred candidates will be conducted prior to an appointment.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms. Lindi Sibiya and e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 4 June 2021
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.
• A 3-year Degree (NQF 7) in law or equivalent, administration, commerce, or related industry.
• A total of 4 years’ working experience.
• Previous experience in Sectional Titles will be an added advantage.
• Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Adequate communication skills.