Reporting to the Revenue Manager, the Senior Accountant: Revenue is responsible for financial transactions of the CSOS. This is to ensure the development of accurate and valid financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The incumbent must provide support regarding revenue collection, including reconciliation of revenue and bank reconciliations. The incumbent must maintain relevant systems, policies, processes and procedures of the unit in order to effectively identify and manage risk, prevent fraud and ensure compliance to legislative, regulatory and good governance requirements and practices.
Key Performance Areas:
• Regularly update debtor’s books.
• Administer payments to debtors.
• Respond and lodge queries when necessary.
• Recording of banking proceedings.
• Provide report on income from sundry services.
• Administer the CSOS’ bank accounts.
• Report on debtor payments.
• Maintain relevant ledger accounts.
• Reconcile revenue on a weekly basis.
• Reconcile revenue recorded against revenue collected.
• Calculate and document revenue owed to the CSOS monthly.
• Capture and reconcile interest received into the financial system.
• Compile reports on revenue collected.
• Review bank statement for all the banks and report to the Manager Revenue.
• Keep up to date with new developments and changes in own field and within the CSOS.
• Share new information and best practice trends with colleagues.
• Proactively introduce improvement opportunities in line with best practices to optimise organisations success.
• Partner with management to optimise productivity and teamwork effectiveness.
• Maintain ownership for own work, performance management and development.
• Maintain open and honest communication.
• Engage in problem solving and continuous improvement processes to optimise output of the area.
• Demonstrate visible ownership of business-wide initiatives, impacting on area of accountability.
Enquiries: Ms. Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Background checks on the preferred candidates will be conducted prior to an appointment.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms. Lindi Sibiya and e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 4 June 2021
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.
• B Com or bachelor’s degree in Financial Management or Accounting or Equivalent (NQF 7).
• Postgraduate in Accounting will be an added advantage.
• 3 years’ working experience in accounting and/or revenue management.
• Extensive knowledge of revenue management including accounting standards and practices.
• Knowledge of the Supply Chain Management framework.
• Extensive knowledge of PFMA, IFRS, TR, GRAP, GAAP, Income Tax Act and other statutory requirements.
• Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of Accounting, Asset and payroll packages.
• Policy Development and Budgeting.
• Knowledge of financial and management accounting and tax.