The Community Schemes Ombud Service Act (Act 9 of 2011) was promulgated on 11 June 2011 and provides for the establishment of the Community Schemes Ombud Service (“CSOS”) as a public entity. The CSOS has been classified as a Schedule 3A Public Entity in terms of the Public Finance Management Act (Act No.1 of 1999) (PFMA).
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager.
Key Performance Areas:
• Plan for audit assignment.
• Interview clients and documenting system description and flow charts.
• Developing and execution of audit programme.
• Constant liaison with the manager.
• Draft and discuss the findings with clients.
• Schedule meetings with clients.
• Write the audit reports.
• Referencing the work papers and audit file.
• Perform audits as per coverage plan.
• Maintain the allocated time budget
• Prepare monthly progress reports
• Perform special investigations as per requests and reporting.
• Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in Internal Auditing; Accounting or Commerce
• Atleast three (3) years of experience as an Auditor or in similar environment.
• Knowledge of the auditing standards, PFMA and King IV.
• Knowledge of audit software and analytical tools and Microsoft Office package.
• Project Management, Presentation, and communication skills.
• Conflict management.
• Fair understanding of Treasury.
• Knowledge of the corporate governance and risk management practices.
• Attention to detail and Teamwork.
• Compliance audits.
• Honesty and integrity.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications and ID, must be addressed to the Executive Corporate Affairs, Mr. Lesiba Seshoka and e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a competency assessment, enter into a performance agreement and be subject to security clearance procedures.
Closing date for applications: 19 October 2021
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We comply with the provisions of Protection of Personal Information Act; Act No. 4 of 2013. We will use your personal information provided to us for the purpose of recruitment only and more specifically for the purpose of the position/vacancy you have applied for.
In the event your application was unsuccessful for a specific position, the CSOS will retain your personal information for internal audit purposes as required by the CSOS policies.
All the information requested now or during the process is required for recruitment purposes. Failure to provide requested information may render your application null and void. The CSOS will safeguard the security and confidentiality of all information you share with us. All personal information will be treated as confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties, except in situations where:
(i) We are legally compelled to do so; or
(ii) Disclosure is necessary for recruitment purposes; or
(iii) You have not objected thereto.
By uploading any additional and supporting documentation, you consent to the CSOS using the information contained therein to fulfil the requirements of the recruitment process.