The Community Schemes Ombud Service Act (Act 9 of 2011) was promulgated on 11 June 2011 and provides for the establishment of the Community Schemes Ombud Service (“CSOS”) as a public entity. The CSOS has been classified as a Schedule 3A Public Entity in terms of the Public Finance Management Act (Act No.1 of 1999) (PFMA).
Job location: Head Office
• A National Diploma in Financial Administration will be an added advantage.
• At least 2 years working experience in accounting and / or revenue management, financial administrator experience will be an added advantage.
• Strong administration skills with attention to detail.
• Knowledge of bookkeeping.
• Basic understanding of financial processing on an accounting programme.
• Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Deadline driven.
• Problem solving.
• Client Liaison.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good organizational and planning skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
Key duties attached to post:
• Keep up to date with new development and changes within your own area.
• Provide administration of all projects related to functions in the section/unit.
• Engage in problem solving and continuous improvement to maximize the output of the area.
• Adhere to principles of customer care orientated environment in the section.
• Maintain functional customer care support system in the section.
• Recommend strategies and communicate customer needs to the section to ensure understanding of the customers challenges and needs.
• Recording and administer revenue.
• Document management and filling.
• Updating ledger accounts.
• Capturing of receipts on the system.
• Take enquiries from internal and external customers.
• Perform Ad Hoc duties as directed by the Unit Manager Revenue.
• Maintain debt ledger.
• Perform revenue filing.
• Assist in the preparation of the Units’ operational plans.
• Provide input with budget preparation as directed by the Unit Manager Revenue.
• Prepare cashbook reconciliations for all Bank Accounts.
• Assist with the preparation of year end Files as directed by the Revenue Manager.
• Maintain files and computer records.
• Post accounts and reconcile the accounts receivables.
• Produce month end reports.
Enquiries: Mr. Minkateko Shipalane and Ms. Selloane Makau, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Background checks on the preferred candidates will be conducted prior to an appointment.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Executive Manager: Corporate Affairs, Mr. Lesiba Seshoka and e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 14 December 2021
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.