The Manager: Supply Chain Management is a custodian of procurement processes to ensure timely and cost-effective purchasing or contracting of all equipment, materials and services required for projects and day to day operations of CSOS. The role must ensure effective management and safeguarding of CSOS’s assets, transport and travels functions. Activities performed relate to tenders, supplier selection, price negotiation, contractual negotiation, sourcing of equipment and non-tender supply issues in accordance with generally accepted legislative and regulatory requirements/ frameworks.
The role has an optimisation focus and must implement practices to ensure continuous improvement initiatives to realign the function to the Finance Departments strategic requirements and manages the effective utilisation of resources with the Unit.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
• Honours Degree in Public Administration or Supply Chain Management or Equivalent
• A total of 10 years’ working experience, 3 of which must be at supervisory level
• Having worked as a Manager SCM will be an added advantage
Key performance areas:
• Develop policies, processes and standard operating procedures relating to own area of specialization
• Provide specialist input in the development of Operational Plans and Organisational Strategy
• Execute work plans and drive the evidence collection in real time
• Produce reports against the implementation of work plans
• Respond to audit findings with complete evidence, on time
• Implement documented data management practices
• Comply to policies and procedures in the unit
• Manage the Supply Chain management unit and ensure compliance with the legal frameworks and guidelines.
• Monitor the supply chain risks and implement corrective actions when necessary
• Contribute to the timely preparation, submission and publication of statutory reports relating to performance as stipulated by relevant legislation
• Develop, implement and monitor an effective and efficient inventory management system
• Implement a bidding process for the CSOS, in line with relevant legislation and control systems in the purchasing of supplies for the entire organisation.
• Develop and manage the implementation of strategies and policies for assets management and disposal thereof
• Implement measures to safeguard the CSOS’ assets and the management of logistics
• Keep up to date with new developments and changes in own field and within CSOS
• Share new information and best practice trends with colleagues
• Proactively introduce improvement opportunities in line with best practice to optimise organisational success
• Partner with management to optimise productivity and teamwork effectiveness
Required Skills, Competencies and Attributes:
• Conflict management
• Line management
• Corporate Governance
• Attention to detail/Accuracy
• Honesty and Integrity
• Follow through
• Service oriented
Enquiries: Ms Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Applications, including a covering letter accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications and relevant documents, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms Lindi Sibiya, and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 25 November 2020