The Community Schemes Ombud Service Act (Act 9 of 2011) was promulgated on 11 June 2011 and provides for the establishment of the Community Schemes Ombud Service (“CSOS”) as a public entity. The CSOS has been classified as a Schedule 3A Public Entity in terms of the Public Finance Management Act (Act No.1 of 1999) (PFMA).
The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer
• An Honours Degree in Accounting or equivalent
• Postgraduate in accounting
• Extensive knowledge of bookkeeping services and accounting standards / practices;
• Knowledge of financial and management accounting and tax
• Knowledge of supply chain management framework.
• Extensive knowledge of PFMA, IFRS, TR, GRAP, GAAP, Income Tax Act and other statutory requirements.
• Knowledge of good governance.
• General knowledge of broader political, economic and social environment.
• Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Accounting, Asset and payroll packages.
• Policy Development.
Key Performance Areas:
• Develop policies , processes and standard operating procedures relating to own area of specialization
• Develop the budgetary framework & processes
• Provide specialist input in the development of Operational Plans and Organisational Strategy
• Execute work plans and drive the evidence collection in real time
• Produce reports against the implementation of work plans
• Respond to audit findings with complete evidence, on time
• Implement documented data management practices
• Comply to policies and procedures in the unit
• Manage budget allocations
• Ensure that CSOS’s annual budget sets out realistic anticipated revenue as well as expenditure and is in line with legislative requirements
• Manage the preparation of the annual operating budget including the publication of draft and final budget and submit documents to the CFO for approval
• Assist the CFO in the development and collection of support documents when presenting the budget for approval
Duration: 12 months
Enquiries: Ms. Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Background checks on the preferred candidates will be conducted prior to an appointment.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms. Lindi Sibiya and e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 13 September 2021
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.