The Community Schemes Ombud Service Act (Act 9 of 2011) was promulgated on 11 June 2011 and provides for the establishment of the Community Schemes Ombud Service (“CSOS”) as a public entity. The CSOS has been classified as a Schedule 3A Public Entity in terms of the Public Finance Management Act (Act No.1 of 1999) (PFMA).
The position reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO)
The Temp Project Manager will be responsible for the overall planning, execution, monitoring and closing of ICT projects within the CSOS. Through the application of project management techniques and tools, the senior project manager will work with CSOS internal and external stakeholders to elicit and document the project objectives and develop a comprehensive plan to achieve the agreed objectives.
The role is primarily responsible for the co-ordination and management of the project activities towards deliver on time and within the approved scope and budget. Throughout the project lifecycle, the project manager must ensure that that the project adheres to project governance and other CSOS compliance requirements
The appointment is for a 12 month-period, with a possibility of extension for another 12 months.
• A National Diploma/Degree in Information Systems/Technology/Computer Science, or equivalent qualification at NQF6;
• Eight (8) to ten (10) years Project Management experience, three (3) of which must have been at supervisory/senior level
• Project Management Certification (PMBOK, Prince 2 or any other comparable Project Management methodology certification)
• Masters Qualification in Project Management or an MBA or equivalent may be an added advantage
• Extensive experience (minimum 8 years) in applying formal project management methodologies, techniques and tools;
• Extensive experience (minimum 8 years) in the implementation of complex ICT solutions in a project management capacity;
• Proven experience in the implementation or project managing the implementation of various modules of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
• Demonstrable experience in software development lifecycle methodologies, techniques and toolsets.
• Knowledge/ Experience in working in an agile design & development environment.
• Knowledge in ICT procurement and contract management.
• Stakeholder management and the ability to develop and maintain stakeholder networks;
• Ability to interact at the highest level (board, EXCO, etc.) in the organization
• Must be a solution orientated problem solver that is able to effectively direct project resources towards successful delivery of the project within time, scope and cost constraints.
• Attention to detail.
• Honesty and Integrity.
• Ability to learn a new business domain at a fast pace
• Collaborative and excellent people skills;
• Creative and analytical;
• Ability to work independently and under pressure;
• Committed, flexible and reliable;
• High degree of accuracy;
• Proactive and innovative.
• Strategic thinking
Key Performance Areas:
• Manage the overall planning, execution, monitoring and closing of ICT projects;
• Ensure projects are delivered in line with scope, time, cost and quality standards.
• Development of a project management framework.
• Ensure ICT projects are delivered in accordance with approved software development lifecycle methodology.
• Identification and management of project related risks;
• Develop and maintain the implementation of the Project documentation standards, templates and guidelines;
• Development, management and co-ordination of all governance activities and processes related to the project;
• Manage project budgets, expenditure and reporting;
• Manage project human resources;
• Manage and co-ordinate all project stakeholders;
• Resolve conflict and remove obstacles preventing project delivery;
• Manage and monitor outsourced service providers performance;
• Oversee and monitor the business value on investment for each ICT project throughout its lifecycle.
• Participating in tender processes i.e., design, submission and review
Enquiries: Ms Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com tel. (010) 593-0533.
Background checks on the preferred candidates will be conducted prior to an appointment.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms. Lindi Sibiya and e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 27 August 2021
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.