The Community Schemes Ombud Service Act (Act 9 of 2011) was promulgated on 11 June 2011 and provides for the establishment of the Community Schemes Ombud Service (“CSOS”) as a public entity. The CSOS has been classified as a Schedule 3A Public Entity in terms of the Public Finance Management Act (Act No.1 of 1999) (PFMA).
Qualification and experience required:
• Appropriate three-year tertiary qualification in Risk Management and Auditing.
• Computer literacy that would include a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel).
• Good communication skills.
• Time-Management and Organisational skills.
• 1-year relevant experience.
• Knowledge of Corporate Governance (King IV)
• Knowledge of Risk Management Processes (COSO, ISO31000)
• Knowledge of Prescribed Regulations & Policies – PFMA, Treasury Resolutions
The candidate should possess the following attributes:
• Attention to detail.
• Honesty and Integrity.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good presentation skills.
Key duties attached to post:
• Assist the Risk Manager implementing risk management plan, Fraud Prevention plan and Compliance Management.
• Assist in the risk assessment process (identification, analysis and evaluation of risks) within the business unit.
• Assist in developing Risk Registers.
• Identification of emerging risks and updating of the risk registers.
• Assist in developing risk reports for Management.
• Monitor the implementation of the agreed risk mitigation plans across business units.
• Maintaining the Risk Management database.
• Providing support, education and training to staff on Risk Management
Duration: 3 Months.
Enquiries: Mr. Minkateko Shipalane, Human Resources Administrator, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Background checks on the preferred candidates will be conducted prior to an appointment.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Executive Manager: Corporate Affairs, Mr. Lesiba Seshoka and e-mailed to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 11 November 2021
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.