The Community Schemes Ombud Service Act (Act 9 of 2011) was promulgated on 11 June 2011 and provides for the establishment of the Community Schemes Ombud Service (“CSOS”) as a public entity. The CSOS has been classified as a Schedule 3A Public Entity in terms of the Public Finance Management Act (Act No.1 of 1999) (PFMA).
The position reports to the Manager Budget and Financial Reporting
• BCom Degree in Financial Management or Accounting or Equivalent.
• Postgraduate in Accounting will be an added advantage.
• Extensive knowledge of bookkeeping services and accounting standards/practices.
• Knowledge of financial and management accounting and tax.
• Knowledge of supply chain management framework.
• Extensive knowledge of PFMA, IFRS, TR, GRAP, GAAP, Income Tax Act and other statutory requirements.
• Knowledge of good governance.
• General knowledge of broader political, economic and social environment.
• Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Accounting, asset and payroll packages.
• Policy development.
Key Performance Areas:
• Prepare annual financial statements on National Treasury Template.
• Provide input and assist in the preparation of the organisation’s annual report.
• Submit financial management reports budget performance reports, and any other information, as may be prescribed from time to time (i.e., Monthly, quarterly, yearly), to the National Treasury and Auditor General.
• Prepare for the AG audit process.
• Keep up to date with new developments and changes in own field and within CSOS.
• Share new information and best practice trends with colleagues.
• Proactively introduce improvement opportunities in line with best practice to optimize organisational success.
• Partner with management to optimize productivity and teamwork effectiveness
• Maintain ownership for own work, performance management and development
Duration: 4 months
Enquiries: Ms. Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Background checks on the preferred candidates will be conducted prior to an appointment.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms. Lindi Sibiya and e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 13 September 2021
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.