The Community Schemes Ombud Service Act (No. 9 of 2011), which was assented to by the President on the 11th of June 2011, and promulgated on the 7th of October 2016, provides for the establishment of the Community Schemes Ombud Service (CSOS) as a public entity. The CSOS has been classified as a Schedule 3A Public Entity in terms of the Public Finance Management Act (Act No.1 of 1999) (PFMA).
This position will be reporting to the Supply Chain Manager.
• A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in the public sector as a procurement officer or bids specialist or technical officer in the supply chain management unit.
• Bachelor of degree/National Diploma in Supply Chain, Finance or equivalent field.
• In depth knowledge and experience of the PFMA and National Treasury Prescripts.
• An understanding of purchase order software platforms.
• Strong financial acumen in relation to price negotiations.
• Excellent presentation skills with various audiences.
• Well versed with DTI codes and industry practices.
• Attention to detail.
• Honesty and Integrity.
Key Performance Areas
• Manage the procurement process for a given set of goods in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets.
• Provide technical assistance at all three (3) bid committees.
• Compile demand management plan.
• Ensure compliance to PFMA and Treasury regulations prescripts and other legislation in terms of SCM.
• Ensure implementation of PPPFA, B-BBEE Act and associated regulations, and SCM guidelines for compliance purposes.
• Implement the procurement plans (below R500k and above R500k).
• Compile monthly and quarterly reports.
• Prepare Requests for Quotation and Request for Proposals in line with PFMA, Cost
Containment and PPPFA.
• Assist in responding to SCM findings.
• Monitor and update risk and tender registers.
• Actively participate in supplier performance reviews.
• Expedites the ordering and delivery process for commodities or services using the procurement system.
• Effectively communicating with the management team to ensure all orders are accurate.
• Critically analyze specifications and advise end users.
• Expedite payments to suppliers through the central mailbox.
• Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers and ensure compliance to the CSD requirements.
• Develop ideas and strategies on how to improve efficiency.
• Advise on the best sourcing methods for goods and services.
• Ensure compliance to National Treasury regulations and prescripts.
• Conduct supply chain workshops with end users on a quarterly basis.
• Manage the administrators.
• Assisting the Supply Chain Manager with maintaining inventory levels on a regular basis.
Required Skills, Competencies and Attributes
• Attention to detail.
• Honesty and integrity
• Great communicator
• Service oriented
Duration: 12 Months
Enquiries: Ms Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Background checks on the preferred candidates will be conducted prior to an appointment.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms. Lindi Sibiya and e-mailed to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 9 July 2021
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.